Reaching cavallo island
Getting to Cavallo Island is easy and can be done in many ways.
Cavallo Island is located between the two main Mediterranean islands of Corsica and Sardinia. Click here to get a position of the Island in the map.
Firstly, the island can be reached from Corsica. At Piantarella, near Bonifacio, a ferry called “La Rotation” can take you to the island. The ferry makes up to 10 crossings each day between Cavallo and Piantarella.
You can easily reach Piantarella from Bonifacio via car or taxi.
The city of Bonifacio, in Corsica, can be reached via car from any other main port or airport in Corsica as Figari, Bastia or Ajaccio airports.
Moreover, another way to reach Cavallo from Corsica is via an helicopter transfer directly from Figari Airport. Particularly, reaching the Island via helicopter is is the fastest and most comfortable method. Scroll below for more information
Secondly, the Island can be reached from Sardinia, Italy. Indeed, Sardinia can be reached, among others, from the main ports of Savona, Livorno, Piombino, Civitavecchia, from Italy. Also, visitors can easily travel to Sardinia landing at Olbia airport.
The fastest way to reach the Island from Olbia is by the secure and efficient helicopter transfer from Olbia airport directly to Cavallo Island. Scroll below for more information.
Furthermore, travelers can take bus or taxi to Santa Teresa di Gallura‘s port from Oblia airport. At Santa Teresa, you can book a private boat that will bring you to the Cavallo Island. If you would like more information on the Santa Teresa – Cavallo Island boat transfer, please contact us here.
Finally, there is also the option of getting to Bonifacio from Santa Teresa di Gallura via a ferry. Then, from Bonifacio the trip is the same as described above.
Once you get on the island, an electric van “Indio” (with a sitting capacity up to 8 passengers with luggage) will bring you to your accommodation.
Scroll below for more information on the boat from Piantarella to Cavallo Island.
Additionally, read below to find the detailed information on how to reach the island from a variety of destinations.
A mini ferry (up to 7 crossings per day) is one of the ways to get on the island from Piantarella’s port. Another way to reach the island is to take the helicopter from Figari’s airport (15 minutes).
- It is possible to take a taxi from Figari airport (30minutes)
- Those guests who wish to reach the island with their own car can leave the car near Piantarella’s port (there are no private parking areas).
There are several ways to get from Piantarella to Cavallo:
- Mini Ferry: 15min., 20€ per passenger, ticket on board, timetables;
See timetables here
- Private board: 150€ day tariff up to 7 passengers, 250€ night tarif up to 7 passengers
A private boat leaves from Santa Teresa di Gallura and reaches Cavallo in 25 minutes. It is also possible to take the helicopter from Olbia’s airport to the island (15 minutes – special tarifs for tenants, owners and guests of the hotel).
- Those guests who wish to reach Piantarella (Corsica) by their own car can leave the car bear Piantarella’s port (there are no private parking areas).
There are several ways to get from Sardinia to Cavallo:
- Private boat from Santa Terresa di Gallura to Cavallo: 250€ up to 7 passengers (25 minutes).
- From Olbia’s airport to Santa Teresa di Gallura by taxi (90€ – 90 minutes).
- Once you get on Corsica, you can take a mini ferry from Piantarella (Bonifacio) to Cavallo: 15 minutes, 20€ per passenger, ticket on board, timetables.
See timetables here
It is possible to get on the island from Olbia’s airport by helicopter (15 minutes, fastest route).
One-way tarif (1 to 5 passengers):
from Olbia: € 1 975
from Porto-Cervo (Villa La Contra): € 1800
from Alghero (airport) : € 2 500
from Cagliari (airport) : € 5 440
Contact us to have more information.
Ask for a quotation here